Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lakefront property

Funny thing, I was just wondering what I would blog about this week. Well, let me tell you... It's a bad feeling when you look out your window and wonder if you're on a houseboat.
We were relaxing and resting on a pleasant Father's Day Sunday. Derrick and I woke up about 4:15, a thunderstorm was brewing. As we watched the rain turn into hail, Derrick watching from the garage, I from the front porch, we heard sirens. We grab our sleeping girls and headed for cover. Derrick took along the laptop (back in the day, it was a radio). Online, we found out a tornado had been spotted in the Heights area. Later we found out that it hit a couple businesses about 3 miles from our house. After a prayer with the girls and explaination as to what the world a tornado is, Derrick headed upstairs to check things out. When he returned, his report was, "we got problems!" I think the pictures speak for themselves.
The window wells were all completely filled with water. The water washed down the street, into our front lawn and wrapped around the north side of our house.Can you say mudslide?Water was pouring in the window in the living room.First time I've seen hail in Billings.This is a picture of where the water crested in the creek in the backyard.After the dust settled, we bailed out the water from the girls' egress window well and started pulling up carpet. We feel so blessed as we look at these pictures tonight and realize how bad it really was! We had great friends that came to help us haul out sopping wet carpet pads, shopvac carpet, bring us fans, watch the girls and even brought us dinner so we could focus on clean up all day Monday! Praise the Lord, no one was hurt in the storm. The girls were a little shook up in the midst of everything on Sunday. They seem to have adjusted and even like their "new room" (the guest room). Madison told one of my friends today, "Yea, and we even got a TV in our new room (it's not even plugged in...)." God is so good! The backfill under the north window in our living room completely washed away....MUDDY!

1 comment:

Littlemas2 said...

Wow! I am very glad you guys are okay. We love you and will be praying for you.