Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gingerbread House

Today Madison's preschool class decorated gingerbread houses. She told her dad she didn't want him to come, she just wanted some "girl time." It was fun to help her decorate. Of course she needed ALL pink frosting. As you can see from the picture, she did her own hair too (there's nothing wrong with teaching her independence.) After we were finished with the gingerbread house, we checked out the preschool fish and sat in the reading corner and read some books. Then I helped her finish up a craft. I enjoyed seeing her in her own environment and interact with the other children.
On the way to preschool or church every day we pray in the van. Today, when Madison prayed, she said, "God, and even though I can't see you, I just love you..." What a lesson in faith we can learn from our kids. The girls' memory verse this past Sunday was, "Faith proves what we can not see."
Breanne continues to try her best to keep up with her big sister Madison. Last week, a friend from church gave us her "fish." It's basically a baby rocking horse, but in the shape of a fish. Madison and Breanne thought Aliya's new toy was pretty fun. Here you can see Breanne, just hanging out on the fish and making a few calls on her cell phone. What in the world would I blog about if it weren't for my girls?

1 comment:

tsec said...

Hello Madison,

I like your gingerbread house. Micah and Daniel made some at their school too, but not Pink! It looks beautiful and delicious, cousins would love to taste it! We can't wait to see you all at Christmas!!!

Love Auntie Traci