Monday, December 22, 2008

Let the games begin...

Christmas has begun! We were able to celebrate this past weekend with my grandparents on the Veldkamp side and also with my parents and siblings. Above, you can see the photo of my parents and all 11 grandkids. Yikes, like we'd ever get them to all sit still and pose, let alone look at the camera. This is the best picture I could get. The big girls had a blast playing with their cousins and got to have a slumber party. After the festivities of food and presents, Grandma and Grandpa kicked out all the parents and the grandkids were allowed to "be in charge" as Grandma put it. I think they played with Holly's Wii, played toys, and watched a movie until 11:30 pm!! The next morning they had french toast, played, frosted Christmas cookies, played more Wii and I think the party ended when they all got McDonald's Chicken nuggets, fries and chocolate milk for lunch. They're napping now!
Aliya didn't stay for the slumber party, but she did get some good quality cuddle time in with Grandpa and Grandma.

Christmas with the Veldkamps was at Uncle Rob's. To the left, you can see Aliya (almost 3 months) with the other new babies this year. Abigail TenNapel is in the middle (6 months) and Samantha Veldkamp is not quite 2 months on the right. Madison and Breanne loved playing with Rob & Tricia's girls!! When the Kracht cousins arrived, Madison was quick to inform them. "Don't worry, there's lots of toys...down there," as she pointed to their basement. It was so fun to watch them play. We didn't see them hardly at all; they were so busy playing. Here they pose with Grandma and Grandpa Great Veldkamp and Rob and Tricia's girls: Madison, Hope, Ana, Ella, Breanne and Olivia.

2 comments:

Littlemas2 said...

Hi Madison and Breanne and Aliya,

Have a good day today.

Cousin Rebekah

Littlemas2 said...

Hi Cousins,

I played in the snow yesterday, and it was fun because I was throwing snow at my brothers. I also jumped in the snow.

Caleb