Let me explain this doll. She's bigger than Aliya. She's quite life-like with little pig-tails. Breanne has not let this baby out of her mind since then. She rode home with us to Billings. She nurses. She now wears Aliya's clothes. Breanne changes her clothes twice a day. She has pajamas. She used to sleep in Aliya's crib with Aliya. Then she got a "perfect spot" made in the guest room and now she sleeps in the pretend pack-n-play in Bre & Madi's room. Breanne holds her on her hip. This baby is part of Breanne's life!
Breanne keeps telling me that she's a mommy like me. Last night at a barbeque party, Derrick fixed a plate of food for Breanne but Breanne was not eating. Derrick asked her if she wasn't hungry. "No, I'm just waiting for someone to hold Elizabeth (so I can eat.)" When Derrick tucked Breanne into bed last night, Breanne was praying for Elizabeth. Derrick took Madi and Bre on a errand this morning, and I got asked to babysit Elizabeth.
This past week, she said, "Elizabeth has another name." I asked her what that might be. "Um, Elizabeth Ali DeWilde." I guess, that makes us an even six.
No comments:
Post a Comment