Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mud Puddle Pie

Breanne got a Mud Puddle Pie recipe kit for her birthday that she and Madison made for dessert tonight. Derrick and I were enjoying a great conversation over dinner (the big girls had gone over to play with a neighbor's granddaughter, Stella) when we looked over and saw first hand why they call it Mud Puddle Pie. Aliya was just playing in her bowl of mud pie just like a kid would in the backyard. The first words out of my mouth were, "Derrick, get the camera!" After the cute pictures, my next words were, "Okay, don't touch anything Aliya," as I carried her to the bathroom to hose her down.
Madison and Breanne finished their second week of swim lessons today. We celebrated by going to the pool this afternoon. Actually getting to jump in the pool with them, I was surprised to see how well they are both doing. I'm sure their skills will improve even more during vacation. Everyone knows that the best part of ANY vacation for a young child is swimming (as we learned on our last vacation.)

No comments: