Derrick's officially an old fart! (Not really, but it's fun to tease him!) He got to spend his birthday hunting with a friend and when we came home, we surprised him with a small party with friends. Man that was a lot of candles on one cake! (Good thing for me he doesn't bother with candles on my birthday.)
We were fortunate to have Lucas and Kelly's family visit with us this past weekend. We actually didn't DO too much. The kids had a great time playing and we did get to the Corn Maize and took them to Red Robin for dinner on Friday night.

Aliya loved the cow ride while others enjoyed the slides, mind puzzles, duck races and of course the maize itself. It's always a fun fall event!
Aliya was so torn because she couldn't possibly carry all the corn she found on the ground. She sure tried though.
Madison and Breanne have been learning about initiative this month. Specifically last week, we talked about when someone has a need, don't wait for someone else to do something about it. I came up with (what I thought was) a great idea of picking up trash in the ditches on Alkali Creek Road. Breanne thought that would be boring and Madison wasn't sold either. So later that afternoon she says, "Mom, we could have a lemonade stand!" It has been a gorgeous fall, I'm sure our neighbors would love a bit of lemonade.
Last week, I got to take Breanne on a date. She experienced her first strawberry malt from Dairy Queen which she may like better than an icecream cone now. We then went shopping for shoes to wear with her flower girl dress and finished up, our cameras in hand to take pictures at a park on the Yellowstone River. This is my favorite picture. What a doll of a daughter I have!
We wanted to give it away, but everyone kept trying to pay them. Breanne was getting so frustrated, she didn't even want to flag cars down anymore because she just knew they would want to pay for it. The money they did make, they brought to church for the Immerse campaign (getting our city's pool in the ground.) What giving hearts! We were fortunate to have Bella (a girl down the street) join us in sales and deliveries.
2 comments:
Trust me,
Derrick is not an old guy yet!. My birthday cake had 40 candles on it, and I lit them all with my propane torch. I thought I was going to burn down the house!
too funny!
Post a Comment