Monday, March 26, 2012

Hearts that seek first...

What greater joy can a mother have than to know that her children seek first the kingdom of God? This past week, a glimpse of this came from Madison & Breanne. We're so proud of our girls for learning their books of the Bible. Breanne memorized the books of the New Testament and Madison has now accomplished the Old & New Testaments. We can not tire in praying that they continue to seek Him first..
Last week was spring break for Madi & Bre and it was a joy for Aliya and I to have them home. We got to spend time together planting seeds for the garden, learning some Biblical worldview, did crafts, hosted a tea party, rode bikes, worked together and Daddy even took the day off Friday and took us to the Mall of America. On more of a bummer note, multiple times I found myself sprinting across the culdesac or backyard to the rescue of a little girls thrown off their bikes. Lots of skinned knees, bumps and bruises, but as dad always says, "a long way from the heart!"

2 comments:

Littlemas2 said...

Becky,

How did they learn the books of the Bible? Was it a song? My kids have learned the same song that my Mom taught me, and I still use it to find the books.

Here is a link to my Mom singing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_sq3P9dSPM

Becky DeWilde said...

Yes, there is a song that we use. As a child, I had learned the books of the Bible in catechism, but had forgotten them until our Kids pastor gave me a copy of "Everything Fades," and I quickly thereafter relearned them. The song is actually super fast, but as they sing it solo, they just slow it down. I really like it.
Here's a link to download it. I'll try find a way to listen to it on our blog...good thought Mike!

http://secure.rethinkgroup.org/music/download/DynamicGB.php?track=198&user=999999999&dlType=2