Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The tour de DeWilde

Some friends in Billings have been hinting at wanting some pictures of our new place. So I thought I might as well document our whole life. Here's a play by play: 
We live in a subdivision outside Farmington on a cul-de-sac. When you come visit, drive with caution! There are 15 kids in our cul-de-sac alone! We have a full basketball court on the street and the little boys (when we moved in we DOUBLED the girl population) are almost always playing basketball or football on the street while the girls in the neighborhood usually rally up in our backyard on the trampoline. Our lot is quite wide (but not very deep) and to the north is a bike trail that loops around the "small lake or big pond" (as our nephew Daniel has determined) in our backyard.
The house has a very open floor plan. This is what you see as you enter the front door. To the left of the table is the kitchen, beyond the table, the 4-season porch and to the right of the table, the living room. There's a ton of natural light throughout our home. We love that. When we moved in there were no light fixtures or ceiling fans. Have I mentioned how thankful I am that my husband is so handy? We've also painted almost every wall in the house.
 I love the island in my kitchen. I had no idea it would be so handy! And to anyone shopping for a new stove...convection baby! We (who am I kidding, I) LOVE IT!
The 4-season porch is the best room in the whole house. I love waking to see God paint a new sunrise just a tad differently every morning, flicking on the fireplace if it's a bit cool and sipping on some hot coffee. It really doesn't get much better than that does it? Some of the kids call it my greenhouse because I am staring some garden plants and flowers in there for all the natural sunlight and it does get quite toasty in there during the day.
Here are the big windows that face to the east from the living room. You can see the pond in the back and here where you get to watch the moon and stars while you sit at night... 
There are no bedrooms on the main floor. Only an office, 1/2 bath, laundry and formal dining in addition to the informal dining area off the kitchen. (That picture did not turn out.) 
As you walk in the stairs go up to the right. (Derrick is a pro at installing ceiling fans now...)
There are 3 bedrooms upstairs. Madi & Aliya share and our favorite middle girl, Breanne gets her own room, finally!
This is embarrassing, but there are a total of 4 bathrooms in the house (well, 3 1/2 technically.) The girls have a bathroom upstairs and we have a master bathroom (no hot tub Sarah & Doug, but we do have an over-sized whirlpool tub...that rocks!) The basement is unfinished except for a bathroom. However, I will say that it's handy. When my sisters' kids were here I laughed when I couldn't find a vacant bathroom.
So, now our Montanan friends, you have to come see it for yourself. Breanne gladly gives up her bedroom to anyone who comes to visit! (The princess net is optional, she can take it down if you're worried about strangulation.) She loves an excuse to bunk with her big or little sister. So come on over and stay a while. I'll have the coffee ready.

3 comments:

Andrea H said...

Yay! Finally! BEAUTIFUL home, Becky! It's much easier to picture you and your sweet family in your new home now. Thanks for posting these.

Littlemas2 said...

Thank you Breanne for the use of your bed. It has been a great stopping point for us.

Uncle Mike

Landa said...

I am so glad to hear (see) that you are getting settled!! Your house is beautiful! I've been thinking of you lots lately...miss you!