Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lessons learned in pictures

Much was being taught this Christmas season. (I hope I learned.) We had a great time preparing for Christmas. The weeks before, we did a great Advent devotional as well as a Jesse Tree which threads the Old Testament into the birth of Jesus, our Savior. 
Aliya was Mary in her CBS program. What a smile!
Aliya had a program at our Community Bible Study class which Derrick was able to see and then he took Aliya and I out to lunch. Derrick enjoyed a date out with his bigger girls as well. 
We hosted our friends, the Giffeys coming through from Tennessee and also Derrick's company Christmas party. We were looking forward to Christmas Eve services when Aliya and I were struck with the fever and achy bodies! Definitely put a damper on Christmas Eve festivities! Derrick played trumpet in a brass ensemble which sounded wonderful (somehow I managed to make it through the service despite feeling quite ill) and the girls sang so cutely in the service as well. Thankfully, the fevers broke and then gave way to colds that seem to hang on forever and unfortunately Aliya developed bronchitis. But I think God wanted to remind this momma that it's really about Him, not "my" traditions and agenda. Him!
The Gingerbread houses... 



Nerf wars put a twist on the traditional Christmas pictures. What a real smile though!
The second Kracht Cousin Amazing Race. Teamwork on the blindfolded puzzle.
The dads were team captains again. Here Mike is helping Braelyn through the smell challenge.
They chose a "messy day"...for Lucas! Madison, Daniel and Chloe "shaved" him with cool whip and popsicle sticks.
Wheelbarrow to the finish line.
So excited to win! 
The new scooters. Thank goodness for the heated garage!
Beautiful earring Mike! Here's the deer...now where's the Buick?
Thrilled with a Barbie! 
Sweet cuddles! 
A great visit with Grandma Edna! 
Lunch and visit with Grandpa Great Bert.
Kracht cousin day at Carousel Skate in Sioux Falls, SD. 
The big kids tore up the rink! 
Sechler cousin time at the sleepover this past weekend.
We did a kid swap. Aliya spent time at Abigail's and Rebekah spent time with me sewing while Madison & Breanne were in school. We were successful in our project. And were also thrilled to have makeovers, fashion shows and the highlight was going out for "coffee" at the Dunn Brothers Coffee Shop and playing Clue.
The fashion divas. Plastic bags are all the new rage.
All the cousins making cupcakes for dessert.

1 comment:

dawncarter98 said...

Oye! I can't read your blog anymore, it makes me miss you guys wwwaaayyyy too much. Hope your feeling better friend.