Do you believe in magicAnd Madison sang along the whole performance!
in a young girls' heart?
How the music can free her
whenever it starts
oh it's magic...
It seems to this momma that I am a level-headed, not over-indulgent parent. However, there are a handful of times that I become a complete pushover! For example, I don't think my parents would have every let me buy an Easy Bake oven...but Breanne just had to have one. And they had a blast "cookin' with a lightbulb" (as Madi sang..she's into writing songs) even though their first endeavor tasted ummmm...alright. It's not the taste but the experience that counts, right?
Derrick has been hard at work on the past month of Saturdays building with his hands. He has built some amazing shelving in our basement. My canned goods now have a home (not a box) and the camping gear a special spot as well and lots of other goodies too! I am so lucky to be married to such a well-rounded man!
Aliya announced this Monday on her way down the stairs, "It's Sadie's Birthday today." Who knew March 18 was the "Canadian Girl" Doll's birthday? Breanne so graciously agreed to bake Sadie her own Easy Bake Oven Birthday cake (this one tasted better) when she got home from school. Breanne talked Aliya into having Sadie turn 2 because that was the coolest candle we had on hand. They wrapped presents for Sadie and she had her weekly hair appointment with mom. We sang "Happy Birthday" and Aliya blew out the candle because we wouldn't want a two-year-old to get hurt. Everyone keeps telling this momma that someday I'll look back and miss these days.
Sadie has also been living the life of luxury in her new $4 built from Dollar Store Treasures bed. Beat that...$94 on the American Girl Doll website.






1 comment:
Hello,
I can't believe how quickly the girls' are growing up! They are becoming such beautiful young ladies inside and out! Breanne is really looking more like Madison too! Hope all is well for you all in Minnesota! It's great to be close to family, I bet! Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say hi and let you know we're thinking about you. Come and visit us soon! Love, Jessica, Nathan and Jackson
Post a Comment