On Mother's Day, they told me to sleep in and they'd bring me breakfast in bed, but I ruined it and snuck out for "my own time" with coffee and the sunrise. After Bre and Aliya had waken, I was given the greatest gift: watching Breanne read Aliya the picture Bible. (Notice Breanne's sporting a coffee mug…totally me!)
We spent the rest of Mother's Day with my family at my sister's. We got to stop and see Micah's headstone for the first time. He's always missed! Especially in this one.
We missed it last Mother's Day, but this one turned out great…me and my mom. I really think we couldn't have enough pictures with the ones that we love…I should take that to heart with Breanne, huh?
Last weekend, we got to travel to Peoria to meet Evie, the first DeWilde cousin. So maybe she wasn't too impressed with us, but she surely wrapped us around her sweet little finger.
The girls totally fought over who got to hold Evie. I think the words I heard most were, "She's going to like you best!" Now read that with a whining, it's my turn tone. Totally cute…the first time. Then, well, not so much.
Welcome Evie…be nice to your mom and dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment