Friday, February 13, 2015

Nuggets

More often, it occurs to me that they're growing up and they don't need me anymore. Yes, I know they still need mom, but they are also becoming independent. When I left home for a conference in January, they took great care of themselves (and dad). I had nothing to fear for my household. Maybe that's what Solomon meant in Proverbs 31 when he said that the virtuous woman had no fear of winter for her household, because they were clothed in scarlet. Here are these golden heads, that love Jesus ("more than anything," the boisterous one declares) and acquiring life skills and reasoning. No matter what they are His and they know He is always with them. They have nothing to fear. So why would I?
Sorry for that rampage. Onto a funny note, Madison had to plaster her face for art. I had to get a picture! Silence for 20 minutes! And yahoo for the Lego chapter book, Madison says she was just reading it for Aliya's sake, but I think they were all three captivated by it. Last, a little nugget I'll repeat from my Facebook page. We finally finished our Christmas Advent family devotional. Yes, it took us two months and nine days to finish a twenty-five day devotional. Some may be ashamed, but I'm proud of us for persevering. It's not so much when you finish as if you finish.

No comments: