After grandma's death, to honor her passion for emphasizing Jesus at Christmas, grandpa crafted a large wood sign that hangs over their home 365 days a year, proclaiming, "Jesus is the reason for the season."
This past week, a dear woman in my Bible Study gifted me a 1'x2' red yard sign that reads, "Jesus is the Reason for the Season." Upon receiving this gift, I immediately thought of grandma and my heart smiled.
It wasn't until we received grandpa's Christmas card in the mail with a little note, "This was grandma's favorite time of the year. She would wear her pin, 'Jesus is the reason for the season.' " (Maybe that's why she named her first born son, Leon, which is N-O-E-L backwards...) I've been told that I mirror some of grandma's characteristics; I'm honored by such flattery. And what a privilege to post my red sign in the front yard and carry on this godly woman's anthem. Now all I need is some duck tape, animal crackers, smiley faces and a trip to the post office.😀

1 comment:
I'm blest as I read this,but even more is that you truly are seeking the maker.
Post a Comment