Oh what a night! This past Friday, we took the girls to the Drive-In Movie Theater. We packed blankets and our camp chairs and the girls were ready to go. We were no more than parked and Madison points over to the concessions and says, "Um, I think that they might sell popcorn over there." The first movie was "Up." We all enjoyed it. But our favorite line (or word) was when the dogs that could talk would stop mid-sentence, point and say, "Squirrel!" All weekend long, we've been doing that with the girls. Madison will do it and then say, "That's kinda funny!"
Derrick and I (well I guess I didn't quite stay awake through all of it) stayed up for the 2nd movie, "Race to Witch Mountain." However, 2am is way too late for us old duffers! We could hardly function on Saturday morning.
Madison and Breanne made Derrick coffee Sunday morning for Father's Day. He finally got his coffee maker for the camper, and we had his favorite dinner, fajittas.

After dinner, our kind and gracious neighbor came over to round up the big girls and give them a horse ride. Joe has two easy-going horses: Red & Sam. Madison (our thrill-seeker) didn't hesitate a second and hopped right on. Joe said, "She's a natural." Meanwhile I'm thinking, horses are expensive; I hope daddy has a lot of money!

Breanne took a little more convincing. I had to ride with her, but she did enjoy her ride.
This past Tuesday, our friends the Fullers stopped for a very quick visit. They moved to Kentucky last October and had to make a quick trip to Montana. The girls were very excited to see their friends and I enjoyed seeing them too! I was thinking it would be easier than 8 months ago because all the girls are older...however, Brandee pointed out that we added 2 babies to the mix....so it was still mass chaos! Oh, well!

Brandee loves on Aliya.

Mud Pie Soup. It's what's for dinner.

Breanne and Aimee.

This morning, I picked some strawberries from our little strawberry patch. The bad news is, these berries are "enlarged to show texture." The good news is, what they lack in size, they make up for in sweetness.
No comments:
Post a Comment