Monday, June 22, 2009

Trauma

Ever had one of those days where everything just keeps going wrong? Well, the DeWilde girls did today.
This morning something actually went right when Madison & Breanne unloaded the dishwasher and Aliya tried to help. That was actually great because the big girls thought it was fun to have Aliya "help" them.
Not too long after that, Breanne got her finger slammed in the van door by Madison. Ouch! This wound took hours to even start to feel better. The good news is Madison got to practice showing compassion toward Breanne. Thankfully, Breanne can still move all her fingers, they aren't too swollen and they didn't bleed.
A couple hours later, Madison and Breanne were racing to the deck to help make Breanne birthday party invitations when Breanne accidently tripped Madison and Madison got a bad scape on her knee. The good news here is that it didn't bleed too much and looked pretty good after we cleaned it up with some soap and water.
Minutes later, Aliya decided to eat sand. No matter what we did, she kept grabbing it and shoving it into her mouth. I tried taking her to the garden hose to rinse off some of the sand from her mouth. I was not very successful, but my neighbor walking past probably got a chuckle out of the sight.
By now, it's dinner time. Aliya's, "I'm getting tired and I'm getting hungry and so could you just hold me?" time. I was busy making dinner when Aliya pulled up on my legs, let go of my pant legs and instantly nose-dived into the step stool.
Calgon, take me away!

No comments: