
I recall holding her in my arms for the first time. Her tiny cone-shaped head and that deafing scream...Doctor Treece saying, "Get yourself a copy of 'The Strong Willed Child' right now," just a day after being born...crying when we brought her home to a huge house and I was all alone with this baby...I remember chasing after her-what a busy toddler she was...moving into our duplex and then our house in Montana...breaking her arm, again and again...watching her teach herself how to ride bike with no training wheels...and just this summer learning to swim. And now, she's off to Kindergarten. I'd be lying if I said I haven't shed any tears. But as I sent her off this morning I realized, she's not alone. Jesus is with her. This morning, I pulled her aside, praying Jabez prayer over her: "Oh, Lord, bless Madison indeed. Expand her territory of learning. May Your hand be upon her and keep her from evil so she does not feel pain." She said, "I remember when you and Breanne went on a bike ride (around the block) this summer and I stayed home alone. I wasn't even scared." And so will it be at Kindergarten, but she won't be alone, not even for a second.
1 comment:
I know how you feel....
Post a Comment