Today was the Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Castle Rock Park. Aliya knew something was up and she was excited to tote along her bucket like her big sisters. As we arrived, in Montana fashion, it started sleeting/snowing. By the time the horn blew to start picking up eggs, Aliya was freezing. I taught her how to pick up eggs.
She picked up 4 or 5 eggs and then just looked at me. I picked up an egg and said, do you want this egg? She shook her head no. "Do you want to go find sisters?" She promptly turned around and headed back toward the big kid area. Apparently we needed to train her before hand. Not that there's a lack of eggs in our house!
This afternoon the girls did Easter crafts including dying Easter eggs. (Which is something I've never done before.) Maybe Aliya will like finding eggs and treats tomorrow now that she knows eggs usually hold treats.
No comments:
Post a Comment