
A week before Labor Day, Derrick and I decided to take a quick trip to Minnesota over the long weekend. Although the time was short, we had a great time reconnecting with great-grands, grandparents, cousins and even the Pizza Ranch! (Look at all those Tevas! Thanks grandma Linda!)




At the DeWilde farm, we were able to gleam the apple trees and scored ourselves 6 1/2 boxes of apples. I'm relieved we thought to give one box away to ambitious cousins and bake an apple pie at my mom's to share with everyone. So, 39 quarts of apples later, we have given a few bags away to neighbors and are eating apple everything..apple bread, apple french toast, apple bread pudding, apple peanut butter smoothies, applesauce, apple crisp....
On a comical note, Derrick told me that Aliya successfully killed two bugs yesterday by getting a shoe from the garage, returning to the bug and smashing it with the shoe. And Madison informed Derrick and I that she killed two grasshoppers at one time yesterday while they were "tackling." Umm, I didn't know it was that time of year for the grasshoppers.
No comments:
Post a Comment