Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Do a funny thing!"


A month or so ago, I constantly heard Madison and Breanne say, "Aliya, do a funny thing!" It's a good thing I take pictures of funny things that happen, or else I'd totally forget to laugh later! Settling back into the regular routine of school, work, home, etc, after Christmas, we decided Aliya was ready to potty-train. Here we are, about day 4 into the endeavor and it's time to bring sisters to school. Now, mind you, when we're home potty-training, Aliya is probably running around in her undies and a t-shirt so we aren't wrestling with pants when we "gotta go." So, when I tell Aliya it's time to get sisters to school in the morning, she simply does what she has always done, she puts her boots and coat on....never mind the near zero temperatures. Although we were running late (as usual) I said, oh, girls, we gotta stop and take a picture of that one. Then, when she realized, that her sisters were wearing snow pants to school that day, she proceeded to put on her snow pants..over her boots and coat. That didn't go so well, but now we are seriously running late, so I pulled them on best I could and buckled her up to go. Aliya protesting all the while that it's just not right (my particular girl!)
On a high note, it was about day 4 of potty training where it just clicked for Aliya and she's in big girl undies. It needed to be in Aliya's way, in Aliya's time. She's a big girl now she likes to say. Derrick and I are still shocked at how she's picked it up. One night he came home from work and I said, "pinch me, is this for real?" Go Aliya!
Breanne is one beautiful, toothless wonder! The day after I posted last, she lost her other bottom tooth. She's now missing both top and bottom teeth. I don't have a clue how she bites into anything. Come to think of it, today she started eating an apple and when I walked into the room, she said, "Mom, can you cut this for me?"

The big girls are totally into taking showers as of late...together (there's not much the do apart). One night, Madison comes out of the bathroom saying, "That was the craziest shower I've ever had!" There's a whole lot of giggling, laughing, silliness and craziness that goes on. One day, I walked past the door and they were posing in their goggles. Cuties!
This past weekend, we were able to take Madison and Breanne downhill skiing at Red Lodge. They did fantastic! Both girls were able to take a lesson and worked up the courage to do the chairlift and go down "Miami Beach" (the bunny hill). Unfortunately, all this news is second hand and pictures formed in my head from the stories Derrick's told me. I kept Aliya in the lodge while they skied. Derrick said multiple times, "That was just a blast! I had so much fun with them." Apparently, Madison is a little bit out of control at times, to which she would reply, "I got it dad!"
Three beautiful, sweet, healthy girls--we are so blessed!

No comments: