Last weekend, Derrick went ice fishing with his dad and some friends while mom got to spend the weekend with the girls at our house. The biggest catch was this northern in the middle: 15 pounds, 36" long!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Will not conform..
This morning, as the girls ate breakfast and I was reading our devotion, we read about not conforming to the world (Romans 12:1-2). As I attempted to make it relevant to them, I referred the Zhu Zhu pets that were all the rage this fall. Making note that just because their friends had them, didn't mean they needed them. When I mentioned the Zhu Zhu pets, Breanne (as if on cue) rolled her eyes perfectly. (I have no idea where she's ever seen that before.) I kinda giggled at her and then Madison said, "Mom, you want to see how I roll my eyes?" Of course, seconds later, Aliya says, "Mom, I roll eyes." You can see the just of it because after laughing, I told them, "Squeeze together, cheek to cheek, mom's gonna get her camera!"
Today is 100 Day at school. Over half way through the school year. The girls are doing great! Aliya started going to story time at the library. It definitely stretches her sit time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jealous of the potty training! I've been trying with Samantha and it's not going too well! She'll tell me AS she's going! Ugh
Ah! We can see after 3, that EVERY child is different! Unfortunately for you now, each child for us got increasing easier. I know, it is a stressful time! By the way, was just on your blog yesterday and was relieved to hear Dustin made it back safely and that you all did well with him away! =) Your family is beautiful!
Fortunately, for us Abigail wanted to potty train. By the way, I love Aliya's face. Abigail was making a face just like that this morning. It was her angry face! It was quite cute.
Post a Comment