Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jesus loves us even if the Vikings stink!

Yes, we know the Vikings were horrible this year, but we love 'em just the same. (Just like Jesus loves us, even when we stink!) Breanne and I are especially excited to be the Jared Allen fans, sporting number 69 jerseys, as he finished a fantastic year! I loved his interview after their last game where he thanked his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the opportunity to play. What a fantastic player and role-model! On New Year's Eve, we went to Sioux Falls roller-skating with the Kracht cousins. It was fun and we all wore our jerseys...great photo opp!
Over Christmas break, we got to visit "the Grandma Great with the Grandpa Great," in Beaver Creek. It's always fun and games with this grandma and once again, she didn't disappoint. She told her Little Red Riding Hood story with the amazing doll that becomes a little girl, a little old lady AND a Big Bad Wolf all in one. The girls thought it was great!
 I enjoyed a visit with grandpa as well as watching grandma with the girls. Last weekend, Aliya (a little dramatically) said, "I miss Grandma Great!" I asked her which Grandma Great she was missing. "The one with the grandpa-great." I guess we'll have to visit again soon.
 Breanne and Aliya are our newest roller skaters and I couldn't resist this picture as they watched other kids skate. Breanne won most improved skater in the DeWilde family for sure. We're so proud of her for persevering and mastering her skills. Madison is always a skating fool out there and spends all her time on the skate floor. It was the Kracht cousins' first time roller skating and they all did very well. We were impressed!

No comments: