Gail & I got to have some girl time too. She's currently expecting her fifth boy (any day now) affectionately called G5 (The fifth G: Grady, Gavin, Gunnar & Gage. Get it?). She amazed me with how much energy she had. I made her walk around the Cane Creek Lake for old time's sake and we went out to dinner and a play on Saturday night. Here I thought I'd get to take a nap every afternoon...I called her energizer bunny! I took more naps than Gail did.
We got to attend The River Community Church. It was fun to see a few old friends and watch how the "little" kids aren't so little anymore. The last words I heard were from Gunnar, "Next time, bring your kids." I'll try!
I was able to grab lunch with a friend, Amber, in Nashville before flying home on Monday. It was fabulous to catch up and edify each other in really just a short time. That's what I love about relationships built on Christ, there's always something to connect on and common ground.Now, it's onto the next chapter in our lives...we bought a house! Yeahoo! We're so excited and expect to close on February 17. It truly has been a blessing to be (quite literally) "with" family for this stay but I see that's important for our family to be on our own and most importantly together with our daddy.



No comments:
Post a Comment