Isn't it a mother's privilege to be proud of her children when she catches glimpses of them headed in the way they should go? Wasn't Paul proud of the churches he planted that were growing and flourishing in Christ? With that in mind, I will share the thoughts racing though my mind lately in regards to my three golden heads.

What an amazing 3 (well, almost 4) year old we have in our family. We like to call her our favorite 3-year old. She can be quite responsible (although, she has her moments). This morning, she asked for a washcloth so she might clean up her play dough toy area. Last night, laying in bed, I prayed that she might some day ask Jesus to be the boss of her life, something she's surely heard from her sisters and I've overheard her say in her free play. She said, "When I wake up, I'm going to ask Jesus to be the boss." On second thought, "No, when I'm 4, I probably will. When it's Christmas I will ask Jesus to be the boss. Mom, when I ask Jesus to be the boss, I'm not going to suck anymore," she is confident Jesus will immediately give her the gift of self-control, until then, she immediately shoves her fingers in her mouth to suck. When sisters headed to school, she began homeschool preschool. In the week we've been at it, she's begun writing her name, loves to sing the "Days of the Week" song and following in sister's footsteps, loves to sing and dance. She is becoming quite the roadster on her bike. While she hasn't ditched the training wheels yet, she can muster up the energy to make it to the park, about a mile away.

Our favorite middle-girl, Breanne (a term coined by my dad for me...Derrick & I find it perfect for our Breanne) is quite the independent minded little spirit. Sometimes I like to call her my little Beaver because she notices details that her older sister and I may glaze over. Her heart is tender toward her friends left behind in Billings and her preschool teacher from Billings who was diagnosis with cancer. This summer, I'd often find her writing letters and cards to mail to friends and she prays for them often. She worked really hard this summer to sew together a fleece blanket and bag to carry it in. She also started a pair of pajama pants, but they are a work in progress. I'm so proud of my little homemakers! I find it amazing how lucky our girls are to be able to build a sandbox with dad one day and the next, sew with their momma. She is Derrick's little boating girl, she loves to ride in the boat with dad and on Labor Day, was right next to Derrick hooking up ropes and such. She is excited to be back in school and making new friend in her new class.


Madison is our little work horse! She often amazes Derrick and I with her already strong work ethic. She is able to stick with a job until it is completed (most of the time...unless there's a game of barbies or school that needs to be played...which is totally understandable for an eight-year old). She was able to spend a weekend backpacking with her daddy which thrilled both of them! Maybe the hike wasn't quite a Montana backpacking experience, but after all, it isn't about the destination, but the journey! She also picked up her sewing again this summer.

As I type, our office desk is covered with the workings of her very own recipe book. She is compiling favorite recipes she can make herself. She does quite well baking...just gotta double check every now and then to make sure she added a teaspoon (not tablespoon) of salt to the batter. Again, I'm proud as a peach, watching my girls learn how a home and family works.

This past weekend, we finally got to camp now that the weather's cooled some. It was fantastic...just what this momma wanted! It was good for our family to get away together, unplug, have "no agenda" and enjoy God's gorgeous creation. (Breanne has decided she doesn't want her picture taken by me...so woohoo, maybe I'll be in some pictures now if she can use my camera!)
We are constantly praying for cousin Micah, as Traci said, "storming the gates of heaven," asking for a miracle! In the midst of it, my sister and brother-in-law take each day and recognize it's many gifts! I count it a huge gift that we've been able to see their family much and have cousin time! What a joy to be close to family...even if camping in the Montana mountains is cooler.
 |
| A fun picture of the girl cousins. |
No comments:
Post a Comment