Friday, October 25, 2013

Spicing it up

I never understood how a woman wouldn't "have time" to paint her toenails. Seriously, how long could that possibly take? Sometimes we eat our words. I get it. I bewilders me how having 3 growing children take more time that 3 toddler and babies. Just the same, we keep rolling and I try to constantly remind myself that the most important thing I can do is be with Jesus.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't as proud as a peacock of Aliya's first quilting project. We learned about Noah and God's promise to him then made a rainbow quilt reminding us of God's Promises. 
"Sewing is fun," Aliya decided. She's eagerly awaiting her next project but mom's been keeping the machine busy getting costumes ready for Halloween.
 The "big girls" are busy with piano & playing with Kendall (Breanne's passions) and dance & guitar (Madison's passions). They are excellent students and had great reports from their teachers at conferences. All three girls were able to spend the long break from school at Grandma Barb's last weekend. It was excellent for all parties involved I believe.
Returning home from Grandma's is probably totally boring. Aliya tried to spice things up a bit by Mexicanizing our football food this past Monday night (wasn't THAT a HORRIBLE football game!). Here she is measuring out ingredients for Mexican hot chocolate and also treated us with Mexican cookies. Maybe her recipes weren't immediate family favorites, BUT it's the process that makes memories, right?

No comments: