Friday, November 18, 2016

Knows

There have been several stand alone incidents lately that as a biased mom I think, "I never want to forget this moment and this is a really cute story." I've not written on this blog for over a year. With the advent of Facebook and texting, I just didn't think it was necessary, but maybe I want to write to preserve for myself and for the practice writing.
At Breanne's second-ever swim meet in Northfield, Aliya was entertaining herself. (She's really good at that.) She made this quasi-acrostic of her own name. With five members of our family, it works perfectly. Each letter represents a member of our family. If you can't read the speech bubbles, I'd love to interpret. Mom is the first A and is saying, "I Love L." Who is L you ask? Derrick is L and he's saying, "I Love A." Here's where the Ahhhh, so cute ends. Breanne is the I and she's saying, "Stop it." Madison is the Y and she's saying, "Don't do that." Aliya is the last A (apparently getting hit) as she says, "Owww!"
A kid doesn't comprehend the complexity of marriage, doesn't know the obstacles and determination that accompany marriage. Sure, they see their parents get along and they see their parents argue. But what no one sees is the workings of the heart, the choices: to forgive, to change, to give, to pray, to commit. I can't help but praise God that in a world where so many kids are fearful that their parents might divorce or already are divorced, Aliya knows, Mom loves Dad and Dad loves Mom. That's a gift from God!

No comments: