Saturday, July 4, 2009

Da Da Dadae by a mile!

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've written. There have been many times I had something I wanted to blog, but just didn't sit down at the computer to communicate my thoughts. Right now we are in Moses Lake, Washington with Daddy "at his new work." The big girls are loving it! This morning they were at the pool at 9am and stayed there until noon. Madison kept saying, "Daddy said we could swim all day!" I finally talked them into getting some lunch and then a nap. After that, it was back to the pool.
Yesterday's drive across western Montana, Idaho and eastern Washington was very beautiful! The girls were excellent riders and they "heard" it for the first time---the Dairy Queen calling. =)
Now if I may I'd love to rewind and bring you up to speed on milestone and adventures of the DeWildes. The last weekend in June, we went camping at Tongue River Resevior with a big group of friends from Harvest. Before we left, Aliya started babbling a bunch! It was the Thursday Derrick came home and Madi & Bre were talking about Daddy. Aliya started babbling, "a da da daddae." It was so cute. She's said a number of time now.
Our camping weekend was fun and the girls loved riding in the boat and playing in the sand! S'moreos were a hit among the other kids, but I still think Madison led the record in most S'moreos eaten at one time. Breanne still prefers the traditional S'more, but I think they get equally messy faces eating their campfire desserts.
My favorite line from the weekend is Breanne leaning into the camper as we set it up and saying, "Hello gorgeous!" Derrick got to drive a boat and water ski. He was in heaven! I also got to waterski, but it wasn't too pretty. I took a few tries to get up and then I wiped out with a nose-dive shortly later. I'm blaming it on have babies. My opportunities to water ski are few and far between as it is and when I spend summers out of commission being pregnant, it doesn't help matters. Oh, well. At least I got up!
Last week was Breanne's birthday week! What a birthday princess we have indeed. Four years old already. She had a birthday breakfast of waffles and bacon. We sang Happy Birthday and she blew out candles in her waffle.
Her princess bike from mom and dad wasn't near as exciting as the lotions, glitter and lip gloss from her big sister Madison. And the waterbottle that came with the bike was pretty exciting as well. But, Aliya thoroughly enjoyed the pom poms on the bike handles.



Her birthday was filled with lots of activities: doctor appointment, playing with friends as the park, lunch at Mc Donald's, swimming with friends in the afternoon, and pizza and ice cream cones for dinner. Her party was the next day, Friday. We set up a slip and slide for the kiddos, a pool and they also played on the swing set and trampoline. Watermelon was a must for her party.

And Princess Ariel had a castle of a birthday cake.
 Aliya woke up from a nap after the party. Here she is on the deck, standing against the patio door while Derrick and I are inside the house.On the Fourth of July, Madison ran her first 5K! What a girl. She ran most of the first mile, then walked a bit. She finished strong, running the last two-tenths mile.

No comments: