Monday, July 27, 2009

Christmas in July

Santa Claus is coming to town a little early this year. Last week, Madison & Breanne found one of their old Christmas dresses in the closet and played lots of dress up with it. I asked Breanne what was going on..."Mom, I'm just 'tending to be Santa Claus."
We had a fun week of friends! We played with lots of different friends-Brogan & Cienna, on-site childcare kiddos, Toby & Karissa & Brianna.
On Friday, we were on mission swap a room. We decided to put Madi & Bre in their own room downstairs (seeing how they never sleep in the room with Aliya anyway.) Madi's first response when I asked her about it was, "Yes, just like Toby and Karissa have their room downstairs." They are doing great down there and I think they like having their own space. We went shopping for a couple items their new room needed (shade for the window, nightlight, clothes hamper, etc) and we found a pink laundry basket. Madi said, "Mom, I really don't want boring old white!" So, pink it was that came home with us. Aliya's room seems huge now with just a crib, rocking chair and changing table!
Speaking of Aliya, she is a monkey! Without doubt! After trying to hold her in the library (when all she wanted to do was lunge out of his arms and crawl everywhere,) Derrick came home and decided it would be funny to hold her by her ankle. She thinks this is hilarious. She thinks she surely is the life of the party. What a joy to have her in our family! She also had her first chocolate chip cookie this weekend. What a mess. She loved it.
The 30 in 30 officially ended today and I'm excited to say I finished. I don't even have any aches or pains. Maybe 30 isn't too bad. As long I can keep up with Aliya, Breanne and Madi...
I'll leave you with a quote from our beautiful Breanne as she came home from swimming with daddy and her sisters, "Madi ate a lot of cheetos, I'll tell you that!"

No comments: