Monday, July 13, 2009

A summersault of musings...


 I love to share my thoughts and happenings for not only your benefit, the reader. But also for my own. Someday, I'll look back on this (as will our girls) and laugh (hopefully) at the crazy pictures and stories about our young family.

Road Trip
Our road trip was good and fun! At only one point, about mid-week did I, the mom, freak out. I think it was mostly because I was trying to wear khaki pants and feed the baby (not restrained in a high chair) while she crawled all over me. I wouldn't suggest it...
Other than that, it was great family time! (Below, the girls give daddy a back massage.)
The girls loved swimming every day...all day if I would have let them. And, they learned how to sleep in. Even Aliya! 
We wore them out. Every morning after breakfast, the girls swam until lunch. Derrick would come eat lunch with us, then we'd nap, go to McDonald's for icecream, walk to the Farmer's Market (where we scored 6 pounds of Washington cherries..and they're almost gone...), swam at the local acquatic center (we had to evacuate the pool near the end of our afternoon..as told by Breanne "Madi, they had a situation,") and even played with friends that moved to Moses Lake. 
I wish I had a collage of pictures of Madison and Breanne's faces covered with icecream, cheetos, icecream, cherries, Doritos, cherries and more icecream! The girls stayed up every night until 10 with Derrick and me. It was kinda fun all laying in bed watching HGTV or the Discovery channel together.
The highlight of the trip was definitly our stop on the way home: Silverwood Amusement Park and Boulder Beach Water Park. This is just a little out of Coeur d'Alene and we spent Friday there. The girls (and mom and dad) had a great time! Derrick is so proud of Madison for going on two of the big roller coasters. One with Derrick and one with me. Derrick asked her what she thought of it, "I was a little scared at first, but it was fun." After those, she stuck with the kiddie rides. Our family especially liked the Roaring Creek Log ride (we even took Aliya on it). We floated along in a log and at the end were pulled up and slid down a "waterfall." We didn't even get wet. Madison and Breanne had many favorites including the kiddie ferris wheel, antique cars (they got to drive) and kiddie roller coaster, (Madison liked the wave pool).

Communication!
Aliya has made leaps and bounds in communicating with us. It cracks us up--all she is learning, doing, understanding and saying. I told you already on Thursday, June 25, she started making sounds and said, "Da, da, da, dadae." This only began the babbling and array of sounds. Right before we left for Moses Lake, she finally said more in sign language. We've been showing her this since she was 5 months old and at breakfast that morning, Derrick and I both watched her ask for more muffin. We were so excited that she was "getting it" instead of screaming for it. She also mimics lots of words like all done, hi, uh-oh. (Still no momma!) She loves to clap her hands, she started waving at people and really likes peek-a-boo. She's a bundle of energy right now, but she's super cute at the same time. I recall Madison as a baby being this busy, but Madison didn't become mobile until 10 months....Aliya's not even 10 months and has been crawling for the last 2 months. She is definitely developing a little personality. I think she might be a fire-cracker. Our favorite though is the face she makes...and she knows we think it's funny. You have to watch it in the end of this video..

30 in 30
Let it be known, that I am not excited to turn 30 the end of this month. I know from experience in sharing my anxiety, that anyone reading this that has already hit 40 is rolling their eyes at me. But, I'm sticking with my lament...I'm old! I have a kindergartner. I'm 30. I have 3 kids. I'm old. However, our worship leader at Harvest also turned 30 this past year and he ran a 30 in 30. He literally ran 30 miles in one day before he turned 30 years old. I am not doing that exactly, but I love the idea of reaching one extra goal before turning 30. So my personal 30 in 30 started today. I plan to run 3-miles, on each of 10 days, equalling 30 miles before my 30th birthday.

Last but not least
I know I've kept you wondering what in the world the picture at the top is about. Here's a little backstory. On our honeymoon we drove to Glacier National Park and saw a sign promoting the T****cal Festival...have a ball. We laughed, but since we took a different route home, we never got to take a picture. On our road trip west, we were determined to look for the same billboard. We have mentioned this billboard to many Montanans who all look at us like we're crazy, they've never seen that sign. Frankly, I don't know how you would miss this. We found the sign, and would love to visit the the T****cal Festival. I want to know when it is, but don't think it wise to google that one...

No comments: