Sunday, April 12, 2009

I remember we need to run...

This weekend, the girls were delightfully surprised by a visit from Grandma Barb and Grandpa Verlyn. It's been a gorgeous weekend to have company and we've been able to play outside, do Easter egg hunts and drink iced tea on the deck.
Madison & Breanne enjoyed reading bedtime stories with grandma. They even got to play dominos with grandpa & grandma. On Saturday, we all went to the Easter Egg "Hunt" (or "gathering" as we called it) our church puts on. Thousands of eggs in a grassy field and they were all picked up in about one minute. Before the air horn signaled the start, we asked the girls if they remembered what to do. Madison said, "I think I remember, we need to run." Indeed you do or you wouldn't get any eggs!
This morning, the girls all looked so cute in their spring dresses! I can't believe how grown-up both Madison & Breanne look to me. I overheard Breanne tell her daddy, "We celebrate Easter because Jesus died on the cross. That's what I learned in my class." Derrick asked, "Is Jesus still dead?" "No, he's alive," she quickly answered, "that's just what we learned!" How exciting it is to watch our children learn about how amazing and powerful our God is. I had the awesome opportunity to tell the Bible story to 1st through 4th graders at church this weekend. It gives me goosebumps to think about how real the Holy Spirit is. He worked in the hearts of kids this weekend and many prayed to receieve Jesus as their boss and savior! Go God! What a privledge to be a part of what He does down here on earth!
Today, we did a real hunt in the backyard after lunch. It's always fun to see the girls search for eggs and baskets with their names on it (thanks Easter Bunny Grandma!) At one point, Madison's hands were so full of baskets of eggs and goodies she couldn't even slide down the slide after gathering eggs in the fort. Thankfully, mom came to rescue and held her baskets until she got down the slide safely.
Aliya slept through the hunt (it was in the middle of nap.) But I did get her to pose for the camera and she was truly excited about the toy in her basket. It didn't take long for that excitement to fade as she dove toward the grass. She would rather eat and play with it.
Tonight, grandpa and grandma are celebrating the soon to be 5-year old in our house. It should be a fun night! I'm sure some pictures are soon to follow!

No comments: