Sunday, April 5, 2009

I drink more milk than you Breanne!!

"I drink more milk than you Breanne," I overhear Madison yell. Peeking in on them, I see them playing tug-of-war with a toy (probably dress shoes.) I'm sure that will make her stronger and she'll win every tug-of-war ever!
Aliya and Madison had well-child doctor visits this past Thursday. Aliya seems to be doing great developmentally and is our smallest baby. She's 14lb. 14oz. and 25 1/2 inches long. About 30 to 40th percentile on the growth chart. She had to get more shots. Watching Madison at her appointment was definitely a milestone. She had her hearing and eyes checked in addition to the usual. She is growing perfectly along her growth chart: 75th percentile for weight and 98th percentile for height. (43 pounds, 45 3/4 inches.) She was so brave to get four shots! She got snoopy band-aids, a sucker and stickers from the nurse. Then she got Dairy Queen for icecream with mom and Breanne. She didn't cry until the last one.
On Friday, Breanne got sick with a flu bug. She didn't eat or drink for over 24 hours. On Saturday, she started to keep cracker and 7-Up down. She still had a low-grade fever, but seemed to be much better. Today, she and had a mini-church at home while Derrick and Madison are at church. We told the story of Palm Sunday with the Barbies and now she's listening to little girl praise music and singing along.


We had a photo shoot with Aliya for her six-month pictures. They turned out pretty well. Madison and Breanne also wanted to be in on the fun. It might actually be my favorite picture of the girls to date.
The remodeling project is a continuous work in progress. The drywall was finished Saturday morning. We were able to get primer and the ceiling painted before the basketball games yesterday afternoon.
I'll leave you with three little slippers..

No comments: